[FieldTrip] Emotiv and Fieldtrip - filter in the streamer/buffer?

Boris Reuderink b.reuderink at donders.ru.nl
Fri Sep 28 13:14:37 CEST 2012

Dear Ricardo,

No problem, and thank you for your elaborate response :). When I look at your screenshot, the right subplot seems to show a rounding issue; all the values are indeed integers, while on the left a more continuous signal is displayed. So, I would say that the difference between the signals is at least a rounding issue, and I assume that the FieldTrip signal is the more precise one. This might explain the difference in variance.

For me this raises the question where this rounding comes from. You say that both OpenVibe and Emotiv's Testbench have these integer valued samples? Could this rounding to integers happen at some other stage (e.g. after importing in MATLAB?).

Best,

Boris

--
twitter.com/#!/breuderink | github.com/breuderink | borisreuderink.nl