[FieldTrip] Update - transfering TF data from SPM

Duncan Astle Duncan.Astle at mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 27 17:08:55 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I keep thinking that I have done it, in that I think that I have recreated all the information that should be needed in a field trip TF object. I did this by bringing in the extra information from D.fttimelock, and creating the cfg field as if I had run it through FT_FREQANALYSIS. The structure has these fields:

l5d19 =

      fsample: 250.0000
        label: {68x1 cell}
        trial: {[68x73 single]}
         time: {[1x376 double]}
    trialinfo: 1
          cfg: [1x1 struct]
    powspctrm: [68x73x376 single]
         freq: [1x73 double]
       dimord: 'chan_freq_time'

However, when I try and use my file in 'FT_FREQGRANDAVERAGE' , it does not recognise this as a TF object, and produces this error message:

??? Error using ==> ft_checkdata at 324
This function requires freq data as input.

Error in ==> ft_freqgrandaverage at 66
  varargin{i} = ft_checkdata(varargin{i}, 'datatype', 'freq', 'feedback', 'no');

What is it that I am missing??

Best,
Duncan

Dr. Duncan Astle,