[FieldTrip] example cross-frequency analysis

Martin Maier martin.maier at student.hu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 11 14:06:38 CEST 2012

Hi there,

I'm trying to analyse my data for phase-amplitude cross-frequency
coupling.The example script
(http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/example/crossfreq/phalow_amphigh) still
uses ft_freqdescriptives to get the coherence-spectrum, but this has
since been implemented in ft_connectivityanalysis.
My question concerns the channelcombination when using ft_connectivityanalysis.
When calculating the coherence between power and raw, I get the
following error message:
"??? Error using ==> univariate2bivariate at 25
no channel combinations are specified"

I did specify channel combinations, but somehow
ft_connectivityanalysis doesn't get them. Does the function need a
different format when setting the channels to be combined? Or should I
use a different function to calculate the coherence spectra (instead
of ft_connectivityanalysis)?

Thanks,
Martin