[FieldTrip] 1 post-doc and 1 PhD position in human auditory and motor neuroscience

Jochem Rieger jochem.rieger at uni-oldenburg.de
Wed Sep 5 03:24:18 CEST 2012

The Department of Applied Neurocognitive Psychology at Oldenburg
University, Germany, offers a

*Post-doctoral position (E13/TVL, 3 years plus) *

and a

*PhD position (0.5*E13/TVL, initially 2 years)*

The lab focuses on the fields of neural coding of complex movements and
neural coding of speech in the human brain with the aim of developing
brain-machine-interfaces.

To extend our interdisciplinary team we seek for highly motivated
candidates with strong quantitative and experimental skills. The
post-doctoral position requires a PhD or comparable degree and the PhD
position requires a masters  or comparable degree. The post-doctoral
position is initially limited to three years after with an option for an
extension to obtain habilitation (post-doctoral degree, similar to a
lecturer qualification). Successful candidates will perform cutting edge
research in one of the lab's foci and should have a background in one or
more of the following fields: non-invasive or invasive human
neurophysiology of the motor or auditory system, statistical learning,
brain-machine-interfacing. The positions offer an excellent
interdisciplinary working environment with opportunities for
international exchange. The lab is involved in the EU-project BRACOG
(brain controlled grasping) and we have a close collaboration with UC
Berkeley, USA. The University of Oldenburg was recently awarded a
Cluster of Excellence in hearing research. The Dept. of Psychology will
offer an attractive scientific environment with access to research
dedicated state-of-the-art approaches to human neurophysiological
techniques (fMRI, NIRS, EEG, ECoG, and MEG).

Electronic applications are preferred and can be send to:
Professor Dr. Jochem Rieger:  Jochem.rieger at uni-oldenburg.de
<mailto:Jochem.rieger at uni-oldenburg.de>

Please send paper applications until September 30^th 2012 to:

Margrit Jung

Dept. of Applied Neurocognitive Psychology

Institute of Psychology

Oldenburg University

26111 Oldenburg

Germany

Applications should include your CV and a list of most recent
publications. Applications for the post-doctoral position should include
a research statement (max. 3 pages). The University of Oldenburg aims to
employ more women in this area and therefore particularly welcomes
applications from women. We also welcome applications from disabled persons.

--
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Jochem Rieger

Applied Neurocognitive         Knight Lab
Psychology                     Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute
Faculty V                      University of California
Carl-von-Ossietzky University  132 Barker Hall
26111 Oldenburg                Berkeley, CA 94720-3192
Germany                        USA

Phone: +49(0)4417984533
Fax:   +49(0)4417983865