[FieldTrip] 'dml' variable

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Mon Sep 3 09:56:40 CEST 2012

Dear Hamza,

'crossvalidate' is part of the Donders Machine Learning Toolbox (DMLT).
Formerly, it was known under a different name (afair MVA or multivariate
toolbox) but recently it became an external toolbox and moved to the
external/ folder. FieldTrip supports external toolboxes but takes no
initiative in adding them automatically, so you need to it manually:
addpath(genpath(fullfile('your_fieldtrip_folder', 'external', 'dmlt')))

See also here:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/multivariateanalysis

Since Marcel and others, who are developing this toolbox or have
experience with using it, are on this mailinglist, feel free to post
further questions concerning DMLT to this list anyhow.

Best regards,
Jörn

On 9/2/2012 5:48 PM, Hamza Fawzi Altakroury (Student) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to classify my data using ft_timelockstatistics function
>
> I am using the output of ft_timelockanalysis function and the
> following options:
>
> cfg.layout  = 'CTF275.lay';
> cfg.method  = 'crossvalidate';
> cfg.design  = [ones(size(class1.trial,1),1);
> 2*ones(size(class2.trial,1),1)]';
>
> But I got the following error:
>
> ??? Undefined variable "dml" or class "dml.standardizer".
>
> Error in ==> ft_statistics_crossvalidate at 44
>   cfg.mva = dml.analysis({ ...
>
> Error in ==> statistics_wrapper at 306
>     [stat] = statmethod(cfg, dat, design);
>
> Error in ==> ft_timelockstatistics at 110
> [stat, cfg] = statistics_wrapper(cfg, varargin{:});
>
> Did I forgot to add something?!
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Hamza Fawzi Altakroury
> Graduate student - MA
> Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
> Sabanc? University

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student
Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging