[FieldTrip] TFR with mtmconvol

Roemer van der Meij r.vandermeij at donders.ru.nl
Fri Oct 19 13:50:56 CEST 2012

Hi Jonathan,

This indeed looks like a bleeding in of the 0Hz component. How did you
exactly follow the help on the wiki? Could you post your entire analysis
pipeline? (i.e. your call to ft_preprocessing, your call to
ft_singleplotTFR, baselining that you do, etc.). That would help in
diagnosing the problem.

All the best,
Roemer

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Jonathan Schubert <
jonathan.schubert at uni-hamburg.de> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a question regarding frequency analysis using the multitaper
> approach. I transformed my data using the following code:
>
>         cfg = [];
>         cfg.channel    = 'all';
>         cfg.output     = 'pow';
>         cfg.method     = 'mtmconvol';
>         cfg.foi        = 40:1:100;
>         cfg.toi        = -1.0:0.02:1.0;
>         cfg.t_ftimwin  = 7./cfg.foi;
>         cfg.tapsmofrq  = cfg.foi*0.4;
>         cfg.pad        = 'maxperlen';
>         cfg.keeptrials = 'no';
>         freq      = ft_freqanalysis(cfg, data);
>
> When I plot the TFR it looks strange in a similiar way to what I found on
> the fieldtrip homepage:
> http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/faq/why_does_my_tfr_look_strange
> Following the help on the homepage did not improve the outcome. I attached
> an example of my TFR.
>
> What can I do to improve the outcome of the frequency analysis?
>
> Best,
> Jonathan

Roemer van der Meij M.Sc.
PhD Candidate