[FieldTrip] import .cnt file

Jose Herrero jose.herrero66 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 19:45:29 CEST 2012

Hi Steve,
the problem is before using  ft_definetrial()
I'd like to read the .cnt data from file as one long continuous segment
without any additional filtering...so this is all the code

cfg=[];
cfg.dataset ='ab001002012.cnt'
data_org = ft_preprocessing(cfg)

error in loadcnt.m (line 551) because nevents=0.125 such
that ev2(nevents).stimtype=[] cannot exist!

%

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Stephen Politzer-Ahles <
politzerahless at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jose,
>
> Can you show the code you are using (i.e., the whole cfg that you set up
> before using  ft_definetrial() ? It should look something like the example
> at
> http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/preprocessing#reading_and_preprocessing_the_interesting_trials
>
> Best,
> Steve Politzer-Ahles
>

> Message: 2
>> Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 19:43:39 -0400
>> From: Jose Herrero <jose.herrero66 at gmail.com>
>> To: fieldtrip at science.ru.nl
>> Subject: [FieldTrip] import .cnt file
>>

>> Dear FTrip users,
>>
>> matlab crashes when trying to import a .cnt data file using
>> cfg=ft_definetrial(cfg).
>>
>> my system is 16 bits (at least loadcnt.m returns r.dataformat=='int16') so
>> this is not the problem
>>
>> cfg=[];
>> cfg.dataset='ab001002012.cnt'
>> error in loadcnt.m (line 551) because nevents=0.125 such that
>> ev2(nevents).stimtype=[] cannot exist!
>> in line 464 the variable dat (50chan*14455000samples) reshapes to 50*1
>> because r.ldnsamples=1....why?
>>
>> other question is about the type of file cfg.dataset gets. I only have one
>> raw data file (e.g. 'ab001002012.cnt') while the others have already been
>> filtered with eeglab (e.g. 'ab002002012 at m.cnt' for mua
>> and 'ab001002012 at e.cnt' for lfp). however imputing these files gives me a
>> similar error.
>>
>> any ideas?
>> Jose H.

Jose L Herrero, PhD
Department of Psychiatry
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Cognitive Neuroscience and Schizophrenia Program
Nathan S. Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research