[FieldTrip] request for 4d users

Rojas, Don Don.Rojas at ucdenver.edu
Wed Oct 31 16:14:35 CET 2012

Dear Jan-Mathijs,

We do not routinely digitize EEG electrodes, but I will look and see if we still have an old test dataset that we acquired to learn the process years ago. Like Yuval, we use Eugene Kronberg's pdf4D matlab object code. To get the labels (e.g., FP1), as opposed to the names (e.g., E1), we do something like this:

pdf=pdf4D('c,rfhp0.1Hz')
hdr=get(pdf,'header')
idx=channel_index(pdf,'EEG','name')

Variable idx holds the indices for the EEG channels. Then, for a specific channel label, if they are entered by the user, you can get it this way:
hdr.channel_data{idx(1)}.chan_label

In this case, that label is FP1 and the channel name is E1, in the dataset that I am looking at now. But, other than the index association, there is no standard convention for association of names and labels. The names are a 4d convention. The labels are user specified in the template configuration file used for acquisition.

Or if looking for the indices of a specific EEG label, this way:
idx=channel_index(pdf,'FP1','label')

Don