[FieldTrip] request for 4d users

Yuval Harpaz yuvharpaz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 13:07:44 CET 2012

Dear Jan-Mathijs
I don't have such data at the moment
I think you can get to the information in the config.
it is in user_data_block{1,12}
here is how I get to it with pdf4D

pdf=pdf4D('c2,rfDC');
header = get(pdf, 'Header');
chi=channel_index(pdf,'EEG');
config = get(pdf, 'config');
% chi(1)
% chan_no = header.channel_data{chi(1)}.chan_no
config.user_block_data{1,12}.hdr.type
config.user_block_data{1,12}.reserved

I may collect some data later today or in the next few days, I'll let you
know if I do.
here is the data for eeg with no digitization of eeg

ans =

b_eeg_elec_locs

ans =

  Columns 1 through 22

    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
   0    0    0    0    0    0    0

  Columns 23 through 32

    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0

On 31 October 2012 09:03, jan-mathijs schoffelen <
jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl> wrote:

> Dear community and 4d-users in particular,
>
> I am in the process of implementing more robust support in the fileio
> module to deal with simultaneous MEG/EEG measurements using the
> 4D-neuroimaging system. Specifically, I want to improve the reading of EEG
> electrode positions, when these have been digitized using the Polhemus in
> combination with the 4D acquisition software. This question has been raised
> on this list over a year ago by Margit Schönherr (who kindly sent me a
> dataset to work with: thanks Margit), but it would be really helpful if I
> could benefit from your knowledge/input. At the moment FT can extract
> electrode positions from the header, but it is based on reverse engineering
> based on 1 dataset only. Therefore I would like to ask you whether you
> could send me some (as small as possible) datasets, which contain digitized
> electrode positions (in combination with the corresponding config and
> hs_file). This would be much appreciated.
> On a related note, Margit's dataset contained electrode positions in
> combination with their labels according to the 10/20 convention. Does
> anybody know whether information is stored in the file-header that links
> the named electrodes to the generic naming scheme 'E1'...'Ex'?
>
> Thanks for any input,
>
> JM
>

>    Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD
>
> Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour,
> Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,
> Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands
>
> Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
> Nijmegen, The Netherlands
>
> J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
> Telephone: +31-24-3614793

Dr .Harpaz