[FieldTrip] LCMV beamformer source reconstruction

Alistair Vardy - 3ME A.N.Vardy at tudelft.nl
Tue Oct 30 15:45:59 CET 2012

Dear Jorn, Johanna,

Thank you for your replies. I was making a couple of mistakes. I wasn't using the parameters correctly and now use cfg.lcmv.<parameter> which works. The mismatch between the number of channels and the size of the filter was due to the strange situation that ASA channel labels sometimes uppercase letters (from the electrode file) and sometimes lowercase (from the header file). Fieldtrip does not understand AFZ but knows AFz for example.
The routine ft_prepare_vol_sense.m thus discarded half of the channels.

I found  the voxel with the maximal power and reconstructing the dipole moment at that particular source for each trial using the following code which I found in an earlier post somewhere:

trialN     = size(timelock0.trial,1);
for trial_tel = 1:trialN
    sourceDiff.trial(trial_tel).mom = sourceDiff.avg.filter{maxind}*data0FIC.trial{trial_tel};
end

where maxind is the index of the voxel with maximum power. Timelock0 takes each trial with a window of [-0.5 0.5] s around each event. I will use a SVD to determine the power of the source for each trial separately.

Thanks again for your help!

Alistair