[FieldTrip] Frequency smoothing for beamforming

Roemer van der Meij r.vandermeij at donders.ru.nl
Wed Oct 3 17:14:47 CEST 2012

Hi Yoni,

Just to chime in quickly, please keep in mind that a tapsmofrq of 8 Hz
actually indicates a smoothing window of 16Hz. I.e. cfg.tapsmofrq specifies
the half-width of your smoothing window. So a tapsmofrq of 8 would mean
that, for 30Hz, you are looking at signal coming from 22Hz to 38Hz. Also,
the efficacy of the smoothing is largely dependent on the number of tapers
(the more tapers, the closer your smoothing is to a 'box').

All the best,
Roemer

Roemer van der Meij M.Sc.
PhD student