[FieldTrip] electrodes, neighbours et al.

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Wed Oct 3 14:47:52 CEST 2012

Dear Ivano,

There is a template directory in FieldTrip, which contains a subfolder
called elec. If you do not have any electrode positions, you can load a
template from there. Alternatively, you can load a file from there and
see how to set the structure up.

For channelselection, I think you misunderstood something/someone. I
never heard of the fact that there should be a gui, where do you got
that information from? Since I'm in the dev team, I would be rather
surprised if there would be a gui given that I never heard anything
about that ;) I'm afraid you have to specify the channel names manually.
You can try to use ft_prepare_layout with cfg.feedback = 'yes' for
information about channelpositions, given that you provide an elec
structure (or use a layout-template)

Best,
Jörn

On 10/3/2012 12:59 PM, Ivano Triggiani wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I need to repair a couple of channels of my EEG (edf format). I'm in
> trouble reading the reference, because I don't understand how I have
> to prepare cfg for electrode position. for example elec.elecpos and
> elec.channelpos : wich argument must I provide?
> Furthermore, in ft_channelselection I read  " 'gui' a graphical user
> interface will pop up to select the channels" How does it works? How
> can I make a gui pops up ?
>
> Ivano

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student