[FieldTrip] fieldtrip Digest, Vol 24, Issue 16

Lustenberger Caroline Caroline.Lustenberger at kispi.uzh.ch
Tue Nov 13 14:40:51 CET 2012

Dear Steve

Thank you so much for your advice. My script looks now as follows:

cfg = [];

cfg.elec = elec;

cfg.computeprob = 'yes'

cfg.neighbours = neighbours;

%cfg.latency = 'all';

cfg.frequency = 'all';

cfg.channel = 'all'%'all';%eleselection % see CHANNELSELECTION

%cfg.avgovertime = 'no';

%cfg.avgoverfreq = 'no';

cfg.avgoverchan = 'no';

cfg.statistic = 'depsamplesT';

cfg.numrandomization = 2^6;% 2^number subjects

cfg.correctm = 'cluster';

cfg.method = 'montecarlo';

cfg.clusteralpha = 0.05;

cfg.alpha = 0.05;

cfg.tail = 0;

cfg.clustertail = 0;

cfg.correcttail = 'alpha'

cfg.feedback = 'gui';

cfg.parameter = 'powspctrm';

% cfg.design = [

% 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 % subject number

% 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 ]; % condition number

cfg.design(1,:)=[1:6,1:6]

cfg.design(2,:)=[ones(1,6),ones(1,6)+1]

cfg.uvar = 1; % "subject" is unit of observation

cfg.ivar = 2;

% "condition" is the independent variable

stat = ft_freqstatistics(cfg,sd, ld);

Do you think this is now correct? We perform statistics on high-density EEG Power values and want to see whether differences that we see doing simple t-test also remain when we correct for multiple comparison.

Again many thanks and all the best
Caroline