[FieldTrip] error when converting from spm to ft

Zita Eva Patai eva.patai at psy.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 14 18:32:19 CET 2012

Hello FT-ers

In the past i had no problem when converting my data from SPM (where i do
preprocessing and averaging) to FT (where I do my cluster-stats and
plotting)

Currently, I am using the new way to convert (previous version seems
outdated 'nspm2ftrip') and I am hitting a wall: it says my data is not in
the right format, ie: not freq data. But i know that it is...any advice
would be much appreciated! Not to mention is warns me my data is not
epoched when it is indeed so...

Thank you!
zita

*********************
*>> D = spm_eeg_load*
SPM M/EEG data object
Type: evoked
Transform: TF
8 conditions
326 channels
20 frequencies
501 samples/trial
8 trials
Sampling frequency: 250 Hz
Loaded from file  C:\Users\Eva Z
Patai\Documents\MATLAB\epoched_data\tf\rmtf_rs01_timecorr.mat

Use the syntax D(channels, frequencies, samples, trials) to access the data
Type "methods('meeg')" for the list of methods performing other operations
with the object
Type "help meeg/method_name" to get help about methods

*>> data = spm2ft(D)*

mapping condition label "11" to condition code 1
mapping condition label "12" to condition code 2
mapping condition label "21" to condition code 3
mapping condition label "22" to condition code 4
mapping condition label "31" to condition code 5
mapping condition label "32" to condition code 6
mapping condition label "41" to condition code 7
mapping condition label "42" to condition code 8

data =

      fsample: 250.0000
        label: {326x1 cell}
         time: {1x8 cell}
        trial: {1x8 cell}
    trialinfo: [8x1 double]
          cfg: [1x1 struct]

*>> data2 = ft_checkdata(data, 'datatype', 'freq')*

Warning: the data does not contain a trial definition, assuming that the
trials are consecutive segments of a continuous recording
> In utilities\private\warning_once at 81
  In utilities\private\fixsampleinfo at 54
  In ft_datatype_raw at 91
  In ft_checkdata at 170
Error using ft_checkdata (line 288)
This function requires freq data as input.

--

Zita Patai
DPhil, Experimental Psychology