[FieldTrip] baseline_normalization

Ivan Chakalov chakalov.ivan at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:16:48 CET 2012

Dear Fieldtrippers,

I have question regarding the baseline normalization using Time Frequency
Analyses on a sensor space-level. I have used “Hanning tapper “for
analyzing MEG data with “relchange” (relative change)
baseline-normalization. So far I have no idea how to report the obtained
results in terms of units or dimensions?  Should it be called “relative
change of the spectral power”? As I understood, if *Pa* is the spectral
power of the post-rigger time-period and *Pb* is the spectral power of the
pre-trigger period, the “relchange” value is calculated as: Pa-Pb/Pb

Am I correct?

Thank you in advanced!

Ivan Chakalov