[FieldTrip] error when converting from spm to ft

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Thu Nov 15 15:55:05 CET 2012

Dear Zita,

The function seems to convert the function not correctly to a freq
datastructure - it seems more like raw data to me.

freq data requires a .powspctrm field, which should be a matrix of
observations x channels x freq x time. So you would need to use cell2mat
on your .trial field. Probably you need to permute the dimensions to
match this order. Additionally, you will need a .dimord field which
which should be 'rpt_chan_freq_time' and you need a .freq field that
contains the frequencies in that matrix. Please first make sure that
your trials actually have 3 dimensions, else something else in the
conversion went wrong.

I don't use SPM so no clue if there is a better way than doing it manually.

Best,
Jörn

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student