[FieldTrip] Cluster statistics

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 14:30:28 CET 2012

Hi Caroline,

It looks to me like your grand averages don't have any EEG data in them;
here is what mine look like:

         label: {60x1 cell}
          time: [1x601 double]
    individual: [19x60x601 double]
        dimord: 'subj_chan_time'
           cfg: [1x1 struct]
          elec: [1x1 struct]

To run cluster statistics your structure has to have that "individual"
field, which has the ERPs for each subject (for instance, from mine you can
see I had 19 subjects with a 60-channel cap, and 601 samples in the epoch).
I got mine by importing each subject's data into FieldTrip, and then using
ft_timelockgrandaverage() with cfg.keepindividual='yes'.

That is my guess about what your problem is, but I could be wrong. After
you ran it, did you check stat.posclusters and stat.negclusters? I think
those are more important than stat.stat and stat.prob; they tell you which
clusters are actually significant (and stat.posclusterslabelmat and
stat.negclusterslabelmat tell you where/when the clusters are).

Best,
Steve

Message: 1