[FieldTrip] using freesurfer cortical atlases

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Nov 7 19:21:17 CET 2012

Hi Luke,

If you read in the *.fif sourcemodel using ft_read_headshape, it contains a field called 'orig'. The subfield orig.inuse links the vertices in the high resolution tessellation to the vertices in the sourcemodel.

Best

Jan-Mathijs

On Nov 7, 2012, at 3:00 PM, Luke Bloy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m using cortically constrained mne to look at some auditory ERfs. I’m roughly following this tutorial, http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/minimumnormestimate. What I would like to do is to impart some anatomical information onto my findings. I can load the desikan atlas created by freesurfer using ft_read_atlas, but the points I get from this don’t match the points I get from the sourcespace that I created with mne_setup_source –iso -6.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this?
>
> Thanks,
> Luke

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793