[FieldTrip] subspace projection

Jan.Hirschmann at med.uni-duesseldorf.de Jan.Hirschmann at med.uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Nov 6 14:34:53 CET 2012

Dear fieldtrip community,

In LCMV beamforming there is an option cfg.lcmv.subspace=X. Does anyone have experience or recommendations regarding this option? Is there a publication in which the rationale is described? From looking at the code it seems that data and lead field are projected onto a subspace spanned by the first X singular vectors of the covariance matrix (correct me if I'm wrong). Seems helpful in my case but I am hesitant to use it without knowing anything about it.

Thanks for any comment!

Jan

--

Jan Hirschmann

MSc Neuroscience

Institute of Clinical Neuroscience and Medical Psychology

Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf

Universitätsstr. 1

40225 Düsseldorf

Germany