[FieldTrip] WARNING: The input units are cm for points and S/cm for conductivity

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Sun May 6 13:51:20 CEST 2012

Hi Fred

As long as you are fine with arbitrary units of your results, you don't have to worry.

We are working towards better support of units throughout the whole code, to allow computations return well-defined values and not "arbitrary units". This has the consequence that for a lot of data objects the physical units have to be added. In some cases we need backward compatibility and have to "guess" the units on the fly. At places where different physical units meet (i.e. in source reconstruction where conductivity, space/distance, and field strength come together), the units of the inputs have to be matched (i.e. all have to be converted to SI units).

The purpose of the specific warning is indeed not clear. For now I have disabled it in the code.

best
Robert