[FieldTrip] cluster-based permutation test on time-frequency data

Shen-Mou Hsu explena at gmail.com
Thu May 10 06:31:42 CEST 2012

Dear Users,

I wonder if anyone could provide any suggestion regarding an issue I
encountered. According to the article (Maris, 2007), it seems that
cluster-based permutation test is calculated under the permutation
distribution of the maximum cluster-level statistics. In my tome-frequency
data, there are two big clusters. Only one cluster reaches statistical
significance; however, if I exclude this significant cluster and then rerun
the test, the other cluster also reaches statistical significance. It seems
to suggest that the sensitivity is lost for the second cluster. I wondered
if there is any approach to resolve this issue. Many thanks!

Best regards,

Shen-Mou Hsu