[FieldTrip] Methodological question on connectivity

Marco Rotonda marco.rotonda at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:06:17 CEST 2012

Hi fieldtrippers,
I have some methodological questions on connectivity and I would like
to share you my doubts in the hope to solve them.

I would like to ask you if I could apply Granger Causality or other
connectivity analysis to a non transient event.
I mean I would like to know if it is possible to analyse an hypnosis induction.
In this case I have not many events to check but only one long session
where I could take 2-3 minutes in between.
I would like to analyze at the beginning, during the induction and
after the induction what's going on.

So now my questions are:
- is it correct to think using GC in this case?
- is it correct to take these 3 moments during the induction and treat
them as 3 different conditions?
- if yes, how long should be the ideal temporal window (in classical
FFT analysis is 4 seconds)

Thanks in advance

Marco