[FieldTrip] problem ft_timelockanalysis after using ft_appenddata

Tineke Grent-'t-Jong t.grent-tjong at donders.ru.nl
Tue May 1 09:28:54 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have encountered a weird problem with ft_timelockanalysis. The problem occurs only when running ft_timelockanalysis on some data from some subjects. I get the following error:

averaging trial 239 of 252??? Error using ==> plus
Matrix dimensions must agree.

Error in ==> ft_timelockanalysis at 298
s = s + dat; % compute the sum

This error was produced running ft_timelockanalysis on data that originated from two conditions (INCGR & INCGL), which were concatenated using ft_appenddata (resulting in INCGRL). So, I thought it made sense to test whether something was wrong with one of the two input datasets (likely the second one, since the error occurs while processing one of the last trials originating from the second dataset). So, I ran ft_timelockanalysis on INCGR and INCGL separately, and, believe it or not, no errors this time. But as soon as I concatenate the files again, ft_timelockanalysis reproduces the error. Anyone any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Tineke Grent - 't Jong

Radboud University Medical Centre Nijmegen
The Netherlands