[FieldTrip] Beamforming analysis in frequency band, concept problem

Ion Lavado lavado at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:19:12 CEST 2012

Hello, i'm having problems trying the beamformer analysis with a frequency
band of interest. I would like to have for example an interval like [8 14]
Hz. My concept problem is about the cfg.frequency and
cfg.tapsmofrq  values. (it must be a escalar, but i want a frequency band).

%FREQ ANALYSIS
cfg = [];
cfg.method    = 'mtmfft';
cfg.output    = 'powandcsd';
cfg.tapsmofrq = 5;
cfg.foilim    = [8 14];
freq_words_alpha = ft_freqanalysis(cfg, words);

%SOURCE ANALYSIS
cfg              = [];
cfg.frequency    = 11;
cfg.lambda=0;
cfg.method       = 'dics';
cfg.coordsys       = 'neuromag';
cfg.projectnoise = 'yes';
cfg.grad            =  freq_words_alpha.grad;
cfg.channel   = {'MEG'};
cfg.grid         = grid;
cfg.reducerank      = 2;
cfg.vol          = vol02;
vol02=ft_convert_units(vol02,'cm');
source_pre11  = ft_sourceanalysis(cfg,  freq_words_alpha );

I use a cfg.frequency of 11 but i don't have really clear what i'm doing as
a get the same result using cfg.frequency=11 but a freqanalysis in [10 12].
I would be very grateful if someone could solve my doubt.

Best wishes,

Mikel