[FieldTrip] Problem with FT_DEFINETRIAL

Jarmo Kontinen Jarmo.Kontinen at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 22 17:14:46 CET 2012

Dear all,
I am trying to import EEG subject averages into Field Trip. The files are
exported with the Brainvision Analyzer in binary form
:subject10_konPro2002.dat and subject10_konPro2002.vhdr.
I have a problem with turning the data into the Field Trip data-structure. I
am following instructions given on this forum on one similar post. What I have
tried is the following:

cfg=[];
cfg.trialdef.eventtype='average'
cfg.dataset='subject10_konPro2002.dat'

 cfg=ft_definetrial(cfg);

Warning: no trialfun was specified, using trialfun_general
> In ft_definetrial at 123
evaluating trialfunction 'trialfun_general'
reading the events from 'subject10_konPro2002.vhdr'
??? Error using ==> ft_definetrial at 176
no trials were defined, see FT_DEFINETRIAL for help

I am grateful for all the help.
Thanks,
Jarmo Kontinen