[FieldTrip] Sourceanalysis understanding problem

Ion Lavado lavado at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:24:42 CET 2012

Hello, I would like to ask you what does the "cfg.frequency" means in
ft_sourceanalysis. I want to plot a frequency range for example [14 30], do
i have to use cfg.frequency=22? why? It would be perfect if someone could
explain how to make the freqanalysis and the sourceanalysis for a frequency
range for example this one[14 30].

This is the code for my frequency analysis:
cfg = [];
cfg.method    = 'mtmfft';
cfg.output    = 'powandcsd';
cfg.channel   = {'MEG'};
cfg.tapsmofrq = 4;
cfg.foilim    = [14 30];
freq_post = ft_freqanalysis(cfg, words_post);

The i do the sourceanalysis:
cfg              = [];
cfg.frequency    = 22;
cfg.lambda=0;
cfg.method       = 'dics';
cfg.coordsys       = 'neuromag';
cfg.projectnoise = 'yes';
cfg.grad            = freq_pre.grad;
cfg.channel   = {'MEG'};
cfg.grid         = grid;
cfg.reducerank      = 2;
cfg.vol          = vol02;
vol02=ft_convert_units(vol02,'cm');
source_post11= ft_sourceanalysis(cfg, freq_post);

What i get i see that depends only in the cfg.frequency=22, if i change the
previous freqanalysis and use the 22 for the cfg.frequency i get the same
result. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Ion