[FieldTrip] Merging files and speeding up

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 09:14:45 CEST 2012

Kaveh,

In addition to Casper's comment, I just wanted to add: depending on what
data processing you plan to do and what is the nature of your three
different data sets per subject, it may be important to *not* merge the
datasets right away. For example, if the reason you have three recordings
for each participant is that they were recorded in three separate sessions
(with the cap taken off and re-applied in between) and if you are planning
on running an ICA algorithm, you should keep the datasets separate and run
ICA separately on each one before merging them; there might be other
procedures I'm not aware of that also have this caveat. I'm not sure what
sort of data processing you have in mind so I'm not sure if this issue will
apply to you, I just wanted to mention it.

Best,
Steve