[FieldTrip] [Fieldtrip] creating mni-normalised headmodels of neuromag data

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Jun 14 13:13:43 CEST 2012

Hi Hanneke,

You could try the following:

mri=ft_convert_units(mri, 'mm'), prior to calling ft_prepare_sourcemodel?
(and then do ft_convert_units(grid,'m') on the output)

Also, what happens if you do cfg.grid.nonlinear = 'no'?

I also saw that you already created a bug on our bugzilla-site. Thanks for doing so; we were already aware of your problem and it's on our list to look into it in more detail as soon as our time resources allow. At the moment I suspect a metric unit issue to be the problem when doing the inverse (non-linear) warp.

On Jun 14, 2012, at 12:47 PM, <Hanneke.vanDijk at med.uni-duesseldorf.de> <Hanneke.vanDijk at med.uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am creating headmodels of neuromag data (Using FT version 20123105 and the example script http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/example/create_single-subject_grids_in_individual_head_space_that_are_all_aligned_in_mni_space)
>
> First I realign the mri with the fiducials I get out of mri-lab (in voxels).
>
> The 'vol' structure is created like this:
>
> Cfg                            = [];
> cfg.coordsys         = 'neuromag';
> cfg.method           = 'singleshell';
> vol = ft_prepare_singleshell(cfg, segmentedmri);
>
> the 'grid' like this:
>
> load(strcat(basepath,'templates/template_grid.mat'));
> cfg                                = [];
> cfg.grid.warpmni    =  'yes';
> cfg.grid.template   =  template_grid;
> cfg.grid.nonlinear  =  'yes'; % use non-linear normalization
> cfg.coordsys            =  'neuromag';
> cfg.mri                 = mri; %the realigned mri
> grid                     = ft_prepare_sourcemodel(cfg);
>
> Everything works well, untill I plot and see that the sizes/ origins (or units) are completely different for the vol and grid. At the moment I cannot find a solution. Does anyone have an idea?
> The results are plotted and attached to this e-mail.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Hanneke
>
> p.s. I also filed this in bugzilla, for more information see there:
>
> http://bugzilla.fcdonders.nl/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailassigned_to1=1&emailreporter1=1&emailtype1=exact&email1=hannekevdg%40hotmail.com&field0-0-0=bug_status&type0-0-0=notequals&value0-0-0=UNCONFIRMED&field0-0-1=reporter&type0-0-1=equals&value0-0-1=hannekevdg%40hotmail.com

> Hanneke van Dijk, PhD
>
> http://www.uniklinik-duesseldorf.de/deutsch/unternehmen/institute/KlinNeurowiss/Team/HannekevanDijk/page.html <http://www.uniklinik-duesseldorf.de/deutsch/unternehmen/institute/KlinNeurowiss/Team/HannekevanDijk/page.html>
>
> Institute for Clinical Neuroscience,
>
> Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf, Germany
>
> Hanneke.vanDijk at med.uni-duesseldorf.de
>
> Tel. +49 (0) 211 81 13074

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793