[FieldTrip] creating mni-normalised headmodels of neuromag data

Hanneke.vanDijk at med.uni-duesseldorf.de Hanneke.vanDijk at med.uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Jun 4 09:11:15 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I am creating headmodels of neuromag data (Using FT version 20123105 and the example script http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/example/create_single-subject_grids_in_individual_head_space_that_are_all_aligned_in_mni_space)

The 'vol' structure is created like this:

cfg                      = [];
cfg.coordsys         = 'neuromag';
cfg.method           = 'singleshell';
cfg.sourceunits     = 'mm'; % I have been playing with different units here
vol = ft_prepare_singleshell(cfg, segmentedmri);

the 'grid' like this:

load(strcat(basepath,'templates/template_grid.mat'));
cfg                  = [];
cfg.grid.warpmni     = 'yes';
cfg.grid.template   = template_grid;
cfg.grid.nonlinear  = 'yes'; % use non-linear normalization
cfg.coordsys        = 'neuromag';
cfg.sourceunits     = 'm';  % I have been playing with different units here as well (the template grid resolution is 1 cm)
cfg.mri                 = mri;
cfg.vol                  = vol;
grid                     = ft_prepare_sourcemodel(cfg);
save(strcat(basepath,cases{s},'brain.mat'), 'vol','grid');

Everything works well, untill I plot and see that the sizes/ origins (or units) are completely different for the vol and grid. At the moment I cannot find a solution. Does anyone have an idea?
The results are plotted and attached to this e-mail.

Thanks in advance,

Hanneke

Hanneke van Dijk, PhD

http://www.uniklinik-duesseldorf.de/deutsch/unternehmen/institute/KlinNeurowiss/Team/HannekevanDijk/page.html <http://www.uniklinik-duesseldorf.de/deutsch/unternehmen/institute/KlinNeurowiss/Team/HannekevanDijk/page.html>

Institute for Clinical Neuroscience,

Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf, Germany

Hanneke.vanDijk at med.uni-duesseldorf.de

Tel. +49 (0) 211 81 13074