[FieldTrip] ft_prepare_vol_sens-missing .mat file

Tzvetan Popov tzvetan.popov at uni-konstanz.de
Thu Jun 14 09:17:58 CEST 2012

Hi Imali,

in this case your meshes probably touch somewhere so that om doesn't created the bem model at all and as a consequence didn't wrote the mat file. You should go back in the segmentation procedure and play around with the option "cfg.threshold", plot the meshes and make sure they do not touch.
Good luck
tzvetan

> Dear fieldtrip users,
>
> I am using a BEM (using OPENMEEG) created volume conduction model, and in order to  prepare lead fields I loaded the electrode array with,
> elec = ft_read_sens('mydirectory\standard_1020.elc');
>
> The I used the function,
>
> [vol, sens] = ft_prepare_vol_sens(vol, elec);
> However this give as error,
>
> ??? Reference to non-existent field 'mat'.
>
> Error in ==> ft_prepare_vol_sens at 419
>         if size(vol.mat,1)~=size(vol.mat,2) && size(vol.mat,1)==length(sens.elecpos)
>
> Error in ==> curry_leadField at 15
>   [vol, sens] = ft_prepare_vol_sens(vol, elec);
>
> The vol created with the OPENMEEG only contains the following fields,
> vol =
>
>              bnd: [1x3 struct]
>             cond: [0.3300 0.0042 0.3300]
>     skin_surface: 1
>           source: 3
>             type: 'openmeeg'
>             unit: 'mm'
>             cfg: [1x1 struct]
>
> Can someone please help me with this error, any advice and comment will be highly appreciated.
> Thank you very much!
>
> Regards
> Imali
>
> Imali Thanuja Hettiarachchi
> PhD Candidate
> Centre for Intelligent Systems research
> Deakin University, Geelong 3217, Australia.
>
> Mobile : +61430321972
> Email: ith at deakin.edu.au
> www.deakin.edu.au/cisr
>
> <image001.jpg>