[FieldTrip] problems with mailing list

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Wed Jun 6 17:34:28 CEST 2012

Dear fieldtrip users,

Recently we have had some problems with the fieldtrip email discussion list due to changes on the mailman server by the hosting ICT department. Of course the email list is very important for the community and support.

>From 25 May onward the automatic reply to address has changed to fieldtrip at science.ru.nl. This caused me (and probably others) that the email filters would not sort the messages in the proper email box, but all mails still came through.

>From 1 June (last Friday) onward something else seems to have changed, resulting in myself and some other colleagues in Nijmegen (as I learnt today) did not receive any messages. From the http://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2012-June/thread.html online archive it is clear that the list has not been silent over the last days, but somehow the messages did not get through to all people.

I want to ask you a special favour: could you for this time (and this time only!) contact me directly replying whether you recently have received the recent mails. Please do NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL DIRECTLY, but change the reply address to r.oostenveld_at_donders.ru.nl. Please reply with extending the subject line of the email with either one of
  Re: problems with mailing list -> none
  Re: problems with mailing list -> some
  Re: problems with mailing list -> yes
so that I can easily sort out the problematic ones. If you have more information, you can pass that to me in the body of the email. Note that I will not be responding to the individual emails.

With your input I will be able to make the case to our own ICT department and to the hosting (science faculty) ICT department on what precisely the problems are and consequently needs to be fixed/reverted to the old situation.

best regards,
Robert

PS please be sure that you do not reply to this email to the whole fieldtrip email list, only to me!!!