[FieldTrip] Beamformer: different length of baseline and post baseline interval

Anna Wilsch wilsch at cbs.mpg.de
Fri Jun 29 11:10:51 CEST 2012

Dear Fieldtrippers,

I'm trying to beamform my MEG data by building a common filter including three conditions and a baseline for each condition. The baseline intervals have a duration of 500 ms. I was wondering if it is ok if the post-baseline data are longer than that (1000 - 2000 ms). Does it have any negative impact on the cross-spectral-density matrix and/or the common filter? Would that still be a valid operation to do or is it necessary that baseline and post baseline data have the same length?
Thank you for your comments.

Cheers,
Anna

Anna Wilsch, Dipl.-Psych.
Auditory Cognition Research Group
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences
Stephanstr. 1a - Leipzig, Germany
(p) +49 (0)341 9940 2641
(e) wilsch at cbs.mpg.de