[FieldTrip] MEG BTI reading problems

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Jun 28 09:00:52 CEST 2012

Dear Sascha,

I am forwarding this e-mail to the list because many brains know more than one... I do not exactly recall whether this problem was solved in the end.
The error you get seems a pretty low level one, but I am not sure whether this is caused by the operating system, or by an old version of MATLAB. What version of matlab are you using? Apparently, your version of fseek (which is a built-in matlab function) does not support int32 as input class. I have never encountered this problem, nor on Linux, MacOS or Windows.
You could try to do the following: change fseek(fid, nbytes2, ... into fseek(fid, double(nbytes2), ...)?
If this works we know where to find the solution to the problem.

With best wishes,

Jan-Mathijs

Begin forwarded message:

> From: styll at med.ovgu.de
> Date: June 27, 2012 3:14:42 PM GMT+02:00
> To: jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
> Subject: MEG BTI reading problems
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> I have read your conversation with Mehmet in the field trip mailing list
> (http://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2011-March/003599.html).
> Unfortunately he sends no feedback whether he has solved his problem,
> because I have the same problem.
>
> I am using a windows machine (32bit) and the newest fieldtrip version from
> 06/25/2012.
> Whenever I try to read the raw data as suggested in the description of the
> field trip homepage (hdr = ft_read_header('c,rfDC')) I getting the
> following error.
>
> ?? Error using ==> fseek
> Offset must be of class double.
>
> Error in ==> fileio\private\read_4d_hdr at 185
>      fseek(fid, nbytes2 - 32, 'cof');
>
> Error in ==> ft_read_header at 153
>    orig            = read_4d_hdr(datafile);
>

> Maybe you can help me.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Sascha

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793