[FieldTrip] Help improving "Getting started with BrainVision data" on the wiki

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Fri Jun 8 10:48:00 CEST 2012

Dear FieldTrip list,

As you know, there are several getting started sections on our wiki-page:
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/getting_started
Unfortunately, however, we (the FieldTrip development team) are no
expert for all different dataformats, mainly because at the Donders
Institute, we do not work with all those data formats. You, on the other
hand, might be an expert. In order to provide good documentation, we
therefore rely on your input as well and would like to ask your help.
First, we want to get started with BrainVision data.

1) What would you like to see in the Getting Started guide?
2) What explanation would you like to see there that is specific to
BrainVision data?
3) Is there any particular example code that you would like to be shown
there?
4) Are there particular problems you encountered (and solved) with
reading in and working with BrainVision data in FieldTrip? What are
these problems and what are the solutions?
5) Are there questions you always asked yourself about using BrainVision
data with FieldTrip?

It would be great if you share this information with us. Feel free to
write whatever you want, any information is useful (preferably of course
some elaborations and explanation so that we can put this information
there). If you are working with other data, feel free to also answer
this mail on a more general note, but we will ask separately for other
data formats in near future.

On behalf of the FieldTrip development team,
Jörn

--
Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student