[FieldTrip] plotting dipoles on an anatomical mri

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Mon Jul 9 10:02:16 CEST 2012

Dear Imali

The ft_sourceplot function was not designed to plot 3D data in combination with dipoles. If you use method=ortho, you can get the 3 intersections in the 3D volume at the location of the dipole.

For the best control over the details of the plot, which you need for your specific application of combining dipoles and volumetric data, I suggest that you look at the ft_plot_slice function. If you do three ft_plot_slice calls for the three orientations (x,y,z) at the location of the dipole and combine that with ft_plot_dipole, you will probably visualize the 3D relation between the two types of data the clearest.  Note that ft_plot_slice plots any slice in 3D, so you should use the 3D rotate option of the MATLAB figure.

best regards,
Robert