[FieldTrip] Job advertisement: Research associate at the University of Glasgow
drivolta81 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 17:04:08 CEST 2012
*Research Associate, Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology, University
The Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology, University of Glasgow, has a
vacancy for a Research Associate post for 3 years. The position contributes
to a project entitled “Neural synchrony in neuropsychiatry and brain
development”. Specifically, the job requires the analysis of existing
MEG-data sets, data-acquisition and implementation of novel analytic tools,
contributing to the design and programming of MEG experiments.
1. To analyse MEG-data using complex time-frequency and source-localization
2. To assist in the supervision of data-acquisition and analysis-protocols.
3. To establish links with the MEG-expertise in the Institute and with
international groups working in the field.
4. To recruit experimental subjects and to run the agreed behavioural and
MEG-experiments, dealing with all aspects of testing the participants and
5. To perform statistical analyses of the experiments and to produce
experimental reports describing these results.
6. To establish an expert reputation and track record in field/discipline.
7. Write up papers and identify high impact national and international
journals for publication.
8. To contribute to the identification of potential funding sources and to
assist in the securing of funding from external bodies to support future
9. To contribute fully to the planning and supervision of undergraduate
students and postgraduate (PhD) students through day to day mentoring and
longer term in planning research objectives.
1. Ph.D or equivalent.
2. Extensive and up-to-date practical and theoretical knowledge in MEG or
3. Excellent knowledge of experimental statistics.
4. Excellent knowledge of source-localization techniques.
5. Excellent knowledge of Matlab and experimental control software.
£31,948 - £35,938**
1. The position is available now (July 2012)
2. To apply, visit the University of Glasgow staff jobs website: *
http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/jobs/* <http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/jobs/> .
Search for position 002148
3. For further info please contact: Dr. Peter Uhlhaas,
peter.uhlhaas at brain.mpg.de
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fieldtrip