[FieldTrip] MEG-anatomical MRI image coregistration

Nenad Polomac polomacnenad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 16:10:54 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am analyzing MEG CTF data. I want to do source localisation and I have
two particular questions regarding the anatomical MRI images.

1. Is it allowed to use anatomical MRI images from a two different MRI
devices in a one source localisation study? We already have
routinely obtain anatomical images for some patients and those are obtained
on the 1.5 Tesla MRI. And for other patients we will record anatomical MRI
on 3 Tesla. So, what do you think can we use this data in the same source
analysis study.

 2. The anatomical MRI images from a few subject were not marked with the
vitamin E during imaging for relevant skull points (nasion and ear canals).
So, I think to mark them now in some imaging software. The MEG data were
properly marked during acquisition for this skull points.
What is your opinion about accuracy of software based marking. How big
localisation error might be?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards!

Nenad