[FieldTrip] May I use fieldtrip on social science time series data?

"Jörn M. Horschig" jm.horschig at donders.ru.nl
Mon Jul 30 15:43:59 CEST 2012

Dear Erdost,

I agree as well with Eelke. In particular, apart from some methods (e.g.
source reconstruction), there is no explicit assumption made about the
origin of the data. While the algorithms are per se suited for any type
of data, the options might be specific for your data. So, e.g. be sure
to not demean or detrend your data when preprocessing (check what the
defaults are for each function!).

If would be great to let us all know if you publish your results in a
particular scientific journal.

Best of luck&success,
Jörn

On 7/28/2012 10:47 PM, erdost torun wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I wonder whether I could use fieldtrip toolbox to do wavelet based
> causality analysis on Social  science data, such as birth rates or
> malaria statistics. From the fieldtrip webpage, I understand that
> researches using fieldtrip mainly  focus on MEG, EEG, and invasive
> electrophysiological data. Hence, I want to be sure that fieldtrip is
> suitable for other time series. Thank you in advance.
>
> All the best,
>
> Erdost

Jörn M. Horschig
PhD Student