[FieldTrip] plotting dipoles on an anatomical mri

IMALI THANUJA HETTIARACHCHI ith at deakin.edu.au
Mon Jul 9 09:26:03 CEST 2012

Dear fieldTrip users,

I am doing a dipole fit with the ft_dipolefitting function and I can plot and visualize the results with ft_plot_dipole, further I also want to compare the results with a beamformer results so, I tried plotting the ft_dipolefitting results with ft_sourceplot. I cannot yet very well understand how ft_sourceplot works, I understand that the dipole should be assigned with some value but cannot figure out how to do this.

Can someone please give me some help in doing this? Following is the code I am using, where should I modify?

cfg = [];
cfg.location = dip_fitted.dip.pos;
cfg.method='ortho';
ft_sourceplot(cfg,mri)

where mri is the standard_mri.mat . I work in the MNI coordinates and my locations are in mm's.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards
Imali

Imali Thanuja Hettiarachchi
PhD Candidate
Centre for Intelligent Systems research
Deakin University, Geelong 3217, Australia.
Email: ith at deakin.edu.au<mailto:ith at deakin.edu.au>
www.deakin.edu.au/cisr<http://www.deakin.edu.au/cisr>