[FieldTrip] A question

Boris Reuderink b.reuderink at donders.ru.nl
Thu Feb 23 13:27:35 CET 2012

Further, it seems that the data is also scaled automatically, see
http://code.google.com/p/fieldtrip/source/browse/trunk/ft_componentanalysis.m?spec=svn5313&r=5313#271
.

Best,

Boris

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Stephen Whitmarsh
<stephen.whitmarsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> All true, except that ICA implemented by FT does demean the data
> before unmixing by default. Use cfg.demean = 'no' if you don't want
> to.
>
> cheers,
> stephen
>
> On 16 February 2012 12:35, Stephen Politzer-Ahles
> <politzerahless at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Shayda,
>>
>> FieldTrip does not apply a filter by default, and I am not aware of any
>> other 'hidden' transformations that happen. You can specify a filter when
>> importing the data with ft_preprocessing(), and there are several different
>> kinds of filters available, which will affect your data in different ways--
>> see http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/reference/ft_preprocessing. The best thing
>> to do is to import your data without using a filter and, if possible, use
>> whatever tool comes with your MEG software to import that raw data into
>> MATLAB as well (for example, for CTF this would be ds2txt), then you can
>> plot them together to make sure there are no differences--when I have tried
>> this with EEG data, fieldtrip hasn't changed them. Of course, if you want to
>> use a filter, you can also try several filters (you can either filter within
>> your system's software and then import straight to Fieldtrip, or use one of
>> Fieldtrip's filters during import) and plot them to see how they affect your
>> data.
>>
>> Best,
>> Steve Politzer-Ahles
>>

>>> Message: 2
>>> Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:19:50 -0600
>>> From: Shayda Malekpour <shayda.malekpour at gmail.com>
>>> To: fieldtrip at donders.ru.nl
>>> Subject: [FieldTrip] A question
>>>  <CAMUfAt=cGAnjLDby96CnXi4ubV=v2RCDnM9HoH2ObG5ZT5Bdeg at mail.gmail.com>
>>>

>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I am using fieldtrip on MEG data set.
>>> I want to know if I do not remove any ICA component,  will the data be
>>>  the
>>> same as the original data, or is there is a filter somewhere in the
>>> software that changes the data? If so how much does it change it (What is
>>> their relative difference?)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Sheida
>>> -------------- next part --------------
>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 3
>>> Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:28:43 +0100
>>> From: Eelke Spaak <eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl>
>>> To: Email discussion list for the FieldTrip project
>>>        <fieldtrip at donders.ru.nl>
>>> Subject: Re: [FieldTrip] A question
>>>  <CABPNLUp8hQFKG7d1cuUQt4rkb3mfqxtqDWk4AyKrf5ZX8b3BYA at mail.gmail.com>
>>>

>>> Dear Sheida,
>>>
>>> You probably need to provide a bit more information before anyone is
>>> able to help you. In general, if you perform ICA, you get out
>>> component timecourses and mixing/unmixing matrices. If you keep all
> [...]

twitter.com/#!/breuderink | github.com/breuderink | borisreuderink.nl