[FieldTrip] coordinate transform

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Feb 9 09:23:45 CET 2012

Hi Qi,

Could you be a bit more specific? In what coordinate system are the fiducials defined? MRI-voxel space? MEG-dewar space? Something else?
There is a headcoordinates function in fieldtrip/private, which is computing a 4x4 affine transformation matrix for you (from which the rotation and translation can be determined). The high level fieldtrip functions you may want to look into are ft_electroderealign, or ft_volumerealign.

On Feb 8, 2012, at 5:14 PM, qi li wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to do a coordinate transformation of the sensor positions by
> knowing the fiducial point(na,lpa,rpa). Is there any function can do
> this? More specifically I want to know the 3 translational and 3
> rotational degree changes between the original coordinate and the
> changed one.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Qi

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793