[FieldTrip] Fourier transformation for the quick overview

Roemer van der Meij r.vandermeij at donders.ru.nl
Wed Dec 19 16:25:49 CET 2012

Hi Nenad,

I'm glad you ask, because I implemented functionality just for that
purpose! ;)
Either before or after calling ft_definetrial, plot the data using
ft_databrowser. Once inside the databrowser, select a piece of data by
clicking+dragging a selection box around it. Then right-click the selected
data, click on 'simplefft', and presto! A 'raw' fft of your data, perfect
for detecting line-spectra (i.e. tapered with a 'boxcar' taper).

Cheers,
Roemer

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Nenad Polomac <polomacnenad at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I would like to know is there a method with which I could have a quick
> overview on power-spectrum of data before preprocessing. So, just Fourier
> transformation of trials after ft_definetrial. I need that to see the line
> noise artifact in my data.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Nenad

Roemer van der Meij M.Sc.