[FieldTrip] mtmconvol time window

Julian Keil julian.keil at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 12:30:21 CET 2012

Dear all,

I have a rather specific question on the representation of the time window in the mtmconvol freqanalysis.
In the help-file, it says that cfg.toi is the time vector, on which the analysis window should be centered, however as far as I can see in the code for the ft_specest_mtmconvol, the time of interest (timeoi), the time-bin of interest (timeboi) as well as the requested time bin (reqtimeboi) (ft_specest_mtmconvol, fieldtrip-20120815, line 280 ff) seem to suggest that the time I set in cfg.toi are actually the starting time for the spectrum estimation.

In other words, if I'm looking to the 10 Hz signal and I set the cfg.toi=0.15 and cfg.t_ftimwin=0.3 in order to get 3 cycles of the 10 Hz oscillation, will the spectrum be estimated for the interval of 0ms to 300ms or for the interval of 150ms to 450ms?

Thanks a lot!

Julian

Dr. Julian Keil

AG Multisensorische Integration