[FieldTrip] inconsistent tutorial data?

Alexander Opitz alexander.opitz at tuebingen.mpg.de
Tue Dec 11 16:57:38 CET 2012

Hi,

I am going through the tutorial visual artifact rejection and I am getting an error after

dummy        = ft_rejectvisual(cfg,dataFIC);

??? Error using ==> ft_chantype at 61
the input that was provided to this function cannot be deciphered

Error in ==> channelposition at 66
    sel = ft_chantype(sens, 'meg');

Error in ==> ft_datatype_sens at 106
        [chanpos, chanori, chanlab] = channelposition(sens, 'channel', 'all');

Error in ==> ft_datatype_raw at 99
      data.grad = ft_datatype_sens(data.grad);

Error in ==> ft_checkdata at 212
  data = ft_datatype_raw(data, 'hassampleinfo', hassampleinfo);

Error in ==> ft_rejectvisual at 181
data = ft_checkdata(data, 'datatype', 'raw', 'feedback', 'yes', 'hassampleinfo',
'yes');

After commenting out the ft_checkdata it works but then I am running into problems using the channel wise display.
It seems to me that the way the channel information is stored in the data structure has changed but has not been updated in the tutorial data.
I am using the latest fieldtrip-20121210 version on Matlab R2011a, 64bit Ubuntu.

Best,
Alex