[FieldTrip] using the PALS B12 atlas with fieldtrip

Frederic Roux f.roux at bcbl.eu
Thu Dec 6 10:05:56 CET 2012

Dear all,

I was wondering if anyone had some partical experience or
an idea on how to use the PALS B12 atlas provided by the Surface
Management System DataBase  (Sumsd), to generate a template brain in
fieldtrip which can then be used for source reconstruction.

So far I am doing my source reconstruction based on
individual MRs morphed onto the MNI template brain.
But I'd be intersted in knowing if it would make a
difference if I use a different template.

I've seen publications were people have done this
so I know that in principle it should be possible. I just haven't
found a practical way to read in the  atlas data with fieldtrip yet.
The data can be found here:
http://sumsdb.wustl.edu/sums/directory.do?id=6585200&dir_name=CARET_TUTORIAL_SEPT-06

If you have any thoughts or comments on this, I'd be
happy if you could share them with me.

Best,
Fred

Frédéric Roux