[FieldTrip] ROI selection in a GC analysis

Marco Rotonda marco.rotonda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 21:41:22 CET 2012

Dear fieldtrip experts,

I'm sorry to ask again to the list the same question but I had no answer
and I still have not solved my questions.

I would like to ask you if there is an elegant solution in the
selection/definition of the ROI for a Granger Causality analysis.

Just to explain better my doubts.
Let suppose i've the sources reconstructed in the temporal domain and/or in
the frequencies domain.
If now I wish to perform a GC analysis I should know the ROI or sources on
which to perform it.
As far as I've seen most of them are selected with an a priori knowledge.

I would like to know if there is a way to define the ROI from the data, not
from my (eventually with bias) knowledge.

As far as I've searched the only method developed is the Full-brain
auto-regressive modeling (FARM).
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21439388

Since there are already ft_mvaranalysis and ft_connectivityanalysis, do
you think that is possible to integrate the FARM approach into those
functions?

I'm sorry but I know my limitations and I don't know how to do it.
I hope this could be useful not for me only.

Regards,

Marco