[FieldTrip] ft_sourceplot does not work for non-interpolated source data anymore

Frederic Roux f.roux at bcbl.eu
Tue Dec 4 16:23:23 CET 2012

Dear list members,

in previous fieldtrip releases it was always possible to
do a sourceplot of both: the non-interpolated beamformer maps as well
as the interpolated beamformer maps by doing

%non-interpolated sourceplot
cfg = [];
cfg.funparameter = 'avg.pow';

cfg = [];
cfg.method = 'ortho';
cfg.funparameter = 'avg.pow';
figure;
ft_sourceplot(cfg,lcmv_data);

and

%interpolated sourceplot
cfg = [];
cfg.parameter = 'avg.pow';

int_lcmv = ft_sourceinterpolate(cfg,lcmv_data,MNI_template);

cfg = [];
cfg.method = 'ortho';
cfg.funparameter = 'avg.pow';
figure;
ft_sourceplot(cfg,int_lcmv);

I am using grids computed from warped anatomies and recently switched from
an older version to release fieldtrip-20120812 and noticed that it seems to
be no longer possible to plot the  non-interpolated source data.
However, this was particularly useful to pick voxels of interest
and compute virtual channels based on their gird number.

Is there a particular reason why this feature has disappeared?
How can I get grid numbers from the MNI coordinates / voxel number
that ft_sourceplot is giving me ?

Best,

Frederic

Frédéric Roux