[FieldTrip] plotting mri ortho with crosshair

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Aug 1 15:00:13 CEST 2012

Hi Vitoria,

After consulting with Eelke, it seems that the problem is caused by some low-level bug in the graphics handling. More to the point, there seems to be something going on with the openGL rendering in some matlab versions.
If you switch to cfg.renderer = 'zbuffer' you should be able to see the cross hair (but you will loose the opacity masking for functional data).

For now this is the best we can offer.

Cheers,

JM

On Aug 1, 2012, at 1:22 PM, Vitória Magalhães Piai wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to plot an MR image (not necessarily functional data) with the ortho method and with crosshairs but the crosshairs are not there at all.
> I used to be able to see them before and with interactive mode I was able to go through the coordinates and still seeing where the crosshairs were.
> What I need in the end is to be able to see on an MRI (without functional data) with crosshairs where exactly a certain coordinate is.
> Any suggestions?
>
> If I remember correctly, I used to plot it using:
>
> mri = ft_read_mri(template);
> cfg.interactive = 'yes';
> cfg.crosshair = 'yes';
> ft_sourceplot(cfg, mri)
>
> Thanx a lot, Vitória
>
> --
> ** Please consider the environment - do you really need to print? **

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793