[FieldTrip] Question regarding ft_connectivitysimulation

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Aug 2 09:27:38 CEST 2012

Hi Imali,

I am not sure whether I understand completely what you want. I guess you want to simulate time series of 'sources', that have different (more or less well defined) spectral characteristics.
As of yet, ft_connectivitysimulation does not support this.

You could however call ft_connectivitysimulation twice, (using cfg.method = 'inear_mix') and using different cfg.bpfreq each time. Subsequently, you could sum the resulting time courses:

for k = 1:numel(data1.trial)
  data1.trial{k} = data1.trial{k} + data2.trial{k};
end

where data1 and data2 are the output to ft_connectivitysimulation.

On Jul 19, 2012, at 6:44 AM, IMALI THANUJA HETTIARACHCHI wrote:

> Dear fieldTrippers,
>
> I am trying to generate some simulated signals from a known connectivity structure with ft_connectivitysimulation, and secondly to assign these signals to known dipole locations when using in ft_dipolesimulation.
>
> Is there any way I can assign a frequency to the signals in ft_connectivityanalysis, so that I can assign different known frequency signals for dipoles?
>
> Any help is really appreciated.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Kind regards
> Imali
>
> Imali Thanuja Hettiarachchi
> PhD Candidate
> Centre for Intelligent Systems research
> Deakin University, Geelong 3217, Australia.
> Email: ith at deakin.edu.au
> www.deakin.edu.au/cisr
>
> <image001.jpg>

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793