[FieldTrip] actvsblT and average over time and/or frequency

Akiko Ikkai akiko.ikkai at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 22:19:13 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm testing for the power difference between baseline (fixation) and memory
delay periods, following the examples in "Permutation Tests > Within trial
experiments" tutorial. When I set

cfg.statistic        = 'actvsblT';

and

cfg.avgovertime      = 'yes';
cfg.avgoverfreq      = 'yes';

then run ft_freqstatistics, I get an error in statfun_actvsblT.m,
"Inappropriate dimord for the statistics function STATFUN_ACTVSBLT.". This
is because with avgovertime and/or avgoverfreq set to 'yes', cfg.dimord for
data input to statfun_actvsblT is simply "chan," whereas statfun_actvsblT
requires "chan_freq_time." When I comment out cfg.avgovertime AND freq,
permutation runs fine. This is particular to statfun_actvsblT; other
functions, such as statfun_depsamplesT, do not have this dimord structure
requirements.

I'm puzzled why averaging over time and/or frequency could not be a valid
option for actvsblT... could someone help me understand?

Thanks! Akiko
--
Akiko Ikkai, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow